The U.S. House of Representatives is planning to vote soon on a new health care bill that would repeal the Affordable Care Act. The original bill introduced last week was already harmful, but recent changes have made it even more dangerous.
Under this bills, Congress would:
- repeal the ACA’s Essential Health Benefits requirement;
- force states to rollback eligibility and benefits, harming low-income children;
- cause millions of people to lose health care;
- increase out-of-pocket costs;
- and force states to make massive cuts to their budgets.
Fortunately, there is still time to act. Call your representative in Congress today and tell them to oppose the new health care bill.
Don’t know who your representative is? Use this link to find out. Already called? Encourage your friends and family to act now!
Thank you for taking time out of your day to make this important call on behalf of Maine kids!