The Maine Children’s Alliance (MCA) is seeking a full-time, two-year grant funded Outreach and Enrollment Specialist.
The Outreach and Enrollment Specialist provides a high level of coordination, organizational support, training, education and customer service for the Connecting Maine Kids to Coverage Project., a multi-organizational initiative led by Consumers for Affordable Health Care (CAHC). The primary goal of the Connecting Maine Kids to Coverage Project is to help eligible families enroll or re-enroll in Medicaid and CHIP health care coverage (known as MaineCare). This position reports to MCA’s Executive Director.
About the Maine Children’s Alliance: The Maine Children’s Alliance (MCA) is a non-partisan, nonprofit organization committed to improving the lives of Maine’s children, youth and families. MCA provides comprehensive data and information about the status and well-being of Maine’s children, partners with local, regional and state service providers and advocates, and promotes sound policies and best practices that give Maine children the best chance at success.
- Developing educational materials and distributing them at schools, child care centers, and other kid serving organizations throughout Maine.
- Training professionals about the importance of health coverage for kids and how MaineCare fits that role for low income children.
- Managing the logistics of and coordinating content development for meetings, conferences, trainings, and other project-related events.
- Reaching children and families through outreach events in communities across the state.
- Providing individual, telephone based assistance to families who may be eligible for Medicaid/CHIP by answering calls on the CAHC HelpLine for 6-8 hours per week.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Maine’s health care environment, including expertise in health coverage programs such as MaineCare.
- Demonstrated organizational, work management, and group process skills, ability to take initiative to identify and propose new tasks and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in working on multiple priorities consecutively and sequentially and meeting quality standards for accuracy, attention to detail, and timeliness.
- Highly proficient user of MS Office products (Excel, Word, Access, Publisher & Outlook).
- Understanding of issues impacting child well-being (poverty, education, health).
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate complicated topics clearly to diverse audiences, both in writing and orally.
- Excellent program and project management skills.
- Ability to network with others and share information in an effective and timely fashion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with a diverse group of staff, partners and professionals.
- Ability to function effectively both independently and collaboratively within a team environment. Ability to participate in team planning and decision-making.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks, producing quality products within tight time constraints.
- Statewide travel with a reliable vehicle is required.
Degree required: Minimum of a BA/BS, preferably with focus in health care, social services or public health.
Physical Demands: The ability to sit and write, to operate a computer, printer, scanner, photocopier, and use telephone communication devices. Must be able to drive a car to attend external meetings. Must be able to able to do light lifting.
Work Environment: The primary location of this position is a typical office environment. However, the responsibilities may require running errands, traveling to meetings, conferences, trainings, etc. that require an individual to be in various public places.
Salary and Benefits: This is a Full Time, Two Year position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The benefits package is excellent and includes full medical/dental coverage, life insurance, short term disability and Simple IRA.
Additional Job Information
|How To Apply:||Please send a cover letter, résumé, short writing sample and three (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.|
|Salary:||Commensurate with experience|
|Start Date:||August 1, 2016|
|Specific Location:||Augusta, ME|