The Maine Children’s Alliance is seeking new photographs of Maine children to use in our publications and products, such as the Maine KIDS COUNT data book. KIDS COUNT documents the condition of children in Maine over time, and photos of children–from infants to teens–are used to help illustrate the publication. Similarly, we showcase photos of Maine children on our website and in other publications.
We prefer to use photos that friends of MCA send us, showing Maine kids in settings representative of our state. For this reason, we solicit photos each year to update our collection.
If you have photos that you would like to send for us to consider including in our MCA products, please note the following instructions:
- Deadline for photo submissions to be considered for 2012 Maine KIDS COUNT Data Book: Friday, January 13, 2012. Photos received throughout the year will be considered for other products and publications.
- Photos must be submitted electronically; we no longer accept any photo prints. Please email photos to: email@example.com.
- Photos must be jpeg, tiff or pdf image files at least 300 dpi (no gif files).
- The following information must be provided in the email:
- Photographer’s name
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Number of photos submitted
- Identifying information for each photo (subject name, age, date taken)
- Photo files should be named with identifying information in file name
- General photo preferences: high-quality images featuring Maine children; a variety of ages; single or group shots; diversity is encouraged; adult caretakers in photos are welcome; backgrounds that showcase Maine are also desirable.
- Please note that we receive a large volume of photographs and cannot publish all of them
- When submitting photos, you must grant Maine Children’s Alliance permission to use the photos. You may do so by: including the following Photo Release information in your email, submitting our online Photo Release Form, or printing the information and faxing or mailing it to MCA.
The Maine Children’s Alliance Photo Release Form MUST be signed or photos cannot be used.
Please click here for the online Photo Release Form. http://www.formstack.com/forms/?1123849-lsaNcIRpvi The form must be signed by the subject(s) of the photograph, or, if the subject is a minor, by a parent or guardian.
If you cannot access the form, please print the following information and fax it to (207) 626-3302 OR mail it to the Maine Children’s Alliance at: Maine Children’s Alliance 303 State St., Augusta ME 04330
Maine Children’s Alliance Photo Release Form:
I, the undersigned, do hereby grant permission to the Maine Children’s Alliance/Maine KIDS COUNT Project to publish the attached photograph of me and/or my minor child. It is clearly understood that no royalty, fee or other compensation shall become payable to me by reason of such use.
Identifying File Name of Photo(s):
Printed Name of Subject(s):
Signature of Subject(s), if over 18 years of age:
Printed Name of Parent/Guardian, if subject is under 18 years of age:
Signature of Parent/Guardian, if subject is under 18 years of age:
City, State, Zip:
Thank you for helping us to showcase the children of Maine!
If you have questions, please contact:
Office: (207) 623-1868 ext 205